Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's been a long time

It's funny how I thought I would be totally on top of this blogging thing and here I am the biggest slacker....LOL!!! I still need to update new photos. My MBA program has been taking up a lot of my time so I will be happy if I can just do an update every month :-)

I am still loving my sisterlocks. Besides my retightening times being still ridiculously long, I have no complaints. I just had my locks retightened on Monday and it took 6 hours this time. So it looks like I will be looking into the nappylocks tool here soon because I won't be able to have that type of time to just sit there after I have been at work all day. Not only do I work full time and go to school, I am 7 weeks PREGNANT!!! Yes, it is official. God has blessed us beyond measure and we are expecting our first child or children, depending on whether not I'm having twins. Soon enough, I will know :-)


11 comments:

CardioBunny said...

Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm so excited for you! And I'm such a big dork, I just emailed my aunt to tell her the good news :)

Talk to you later.

Abena Abena said...

Thanks for the update, I was wondering what happened to you :)

CONGRATULATIONS Mommy!!!!! What a blessing :)

Vixen said...

Happy Bun in the Oven Orlando Girl!!! I actually used to live in Orlando and Altamonte Springs and I really miss it there. I hope all goes well with your pregnancy and if you haven't thought of it they have special yoga classes for moms-to-be...a great way to find some relaxation in your busy life.

Nu-Me said...

Ahhhh, Congratulations to you both!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the pregnancy! I hope that you are blessed with a healthy child and that you have a wonderful relationship with it as well.

on hair...
6 hours for retightenings? wow. don't know your consultant or anything, but the first thing that comes to my mind is "are you serious?" I hope that you aren't being taken advantage of ($$$).

again congratulations.

Lakia said...

Congratulations mommy. 7 hours does sound like a long time, have you thought about looking into someone else retightening your hair.

~jaiDalon~ said...

Congrats to you and your family! I just gave birth to my first child two months ago and life is wonderful! I pray you are blessed in your pregnancy and enjoy your new family and your new locks! Oh and P.S. you may have to double up on your tightenings during the pregnancy if your hair grows anything like mine did! Peace, Mama!

Kwasmrs said...

Thanks everyone!! Yeah, I have been off the scene for a while. But it feels so good to be missed :-). Hopefully I will do a better job with keeping the updates.

Southengirl - you are to funny!! You are not a dork, at least she does know who I am...LOL!!

Lockedwithpatience/Lakia - Yes, very serious. I wondering if I should just try out another consultant to see the difference in time. I am very loyal so I feel bad about doing that, but time will continue to be more of an issue if this keeps going on like this. That's $120 every 5 weeks. And actually I wouldn't mind spending that much if it took less time.

Jaidalon - Congrats to you!!!

faith(215) said...

I'm just discovering your blog, love what you're posting here and congrats to you and your husband!!

z said...

I know what you mean because my MBA program takes up my time, so when I do update it's usually in bulk, lol! Congrats on being a mommy and let me know when you do run a marathon!