Monday, November 17, 2008

Labor of Love

It has been forever....once again since I last posted. A lot has changed since then. I am now a mom!!! Kaleb Joshua was born on November 11th. It was the the most amazing experience. I had him naturally in a birth pool. Everyone thought I was crazy to forego drugs, but I figured women have been doing this for years and nothing is impossible for God. I won't say it was easy, but it was worth it and I believe I will do it again, God willing.

As far as my hair goes, Sisterlocks are great for labor!!!Honestly, I was able to retighten my hair a week before I went into labor and the thought of not having to worry about hair was such a good feeling. As black women I know it is hard sometimes not the think so much about hair. But it's great when you don't have to worry about sweating out a perm or having braids installed that are too tight in efforts not to look a hot mess.
In the meantime, I hope to update with more recent pics since I will be home on maternity leave for a while. Thanks to those who were praying for a safe delivery. God has truly blessed my husband and I with the miracle of life.

7 comments:

S0uthernGirl said...

Congrats on your new addition! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well.

Thandi said...

Congratulations!! I'm glad there are more of us 'natural' bnirth moms to balance out the c-sections.Sometimes I feel like an alien..Though one husband made me laugh when he mentioned to his wife (who'd given birth by c section, that mine was the only 'real birth' ha ha)

Chosen Vessel {Abena} said...

Praise God!!! Congratulations to you and your husband, babies are truly a blessing from God.

Meikmeika said...

Congratulations!!! Natural birth seems so scary to me...I bow down to you..

knotsnlocks said...

You better go soror! You all natural for real - natural childbirth, natural hair, I ain't mad! You better do the darned thang! Congrats to ya!

So said...

congratulations on your joyful bundle!

dewdrop said...

Congrats! How is Kaleb and how are you? How's your DIY-ing coming along?